Halloween is drawing nearer, and knowing the slowness of the Israeli postal system I’ve decided to start making the Halloween cards early this year. I’ve finished two of them and so there are two more to go. Any card I make for Halloween will of course only be uploaded after mailing.

One of the cards was a bit of a challenge as I had to find a way to get the Halloween creepiness into it without bones, graveyards or ghosts since the recipient had recently lost a family member and it just felt wrong to remind them of that. But I think I managed fairly well by using a crow and a creepy old tree from the Tim Holtz collection. A spiderweb made a decorative line at the bottom.

On the subject ‘graveyards’ I must say that the graveyard die from spellbinders looked great, but one has the be careful to run it horizontally and not vertically through the Sizzix machine as the silicon mat causes the embossing to ‘drift’ a bit and thus end up in the wrong place.

I also had the delight of mounting my first stamp with cling foam, and it wasn’t such a big deal as I thought it would be. I bought EZ-foam and cut away the excess foam around the die. The only bother was to clean the scissors afterwards. So now my lovely Lisa Pavelka stamps are finally mounted.